· By Alex Miller
Spicy Hot Honey & Nduja Marinara Pizza
Neopolitan pizza will always be close to our hearts as the first love. However, sometimes you really can't beat an NY style pie cooked to perfection. Nothing says NY Pizza like pepperoni on top, but check out this take from @kdjpizza on how to take that sauce to a whole new level.
Nduja marinara, pepperoni and hot honey NY-style pizza
One for those who like it spicy, a 16in New York-style pizza made with a spicy nduja marinara base, topped with fior di latte mozzarella, pepperoni and importantly JDs original hot honey.
- 60% hydration (00 flour)
- 48hr cold ferment
- 380g dough ball for a 16in pizza
- For tips on making a NY-style dough check out https://www.kdjpizza.com/post/cooking-a-16in-ny-style-pizza-in-an-ooni-koda-16
- In a pan, fry the nduja in a little bit of olive oil for a few minutes.
- Lower the heat and add some chopped garlic, frying for one minute
- Mix in tomato sauce and season with some dried oregano
- Allow the sauce to simmer until thickened and then take off the heat and let the sauce to cool to RT before use.
- Stretch the dough, place on top of a pizza screen and top with the nduja marinara, followed by fior di latte mozzarella and pepperoni.
- Cook using a pizza oven on a low flame with the stone temperature at ~ 350-370°C (660-700°F) or home oven (+ pizza stone if you have one) set to as high as it can go.
- Cook for 3 minutes, after which remove the pizza from the screen and place directly on the pizza stone and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Finally, top with JDs original hot honey, slice up and enjoy!